Registered Charity Number 1106560
Click here for our latest ‘Word from FORS‘.
FORS have been part of the Redland School community for many years. We meet regularly to organise our fundraising events….. but we’re not just about fundraising.
It’s also about meeting up with other parents that you wouldn’t necessarily come into contact with within your child’s class. We have fun, a chat and a laugh (we often hold our meetings at the Rivo Lounge in Chippenham), and good friendships are formed. We support each other and support the school, working in partnership together, with many staff also coming to attend events.
FORS organise events for the children to enjoy, and for the adults that we enjoy! For example, we arrange 3 Fizzy discos for the children, cake/pre-loved uniform sales, an Adult Music Night, a Christmas shopping event, and the Summer Fayre and BBQ to name but a few!
In recent years, FORS have raised money for iPads, new curtains for the hall, a notice board for the playground, equipment for the new Hawks classroom and made a large donation of £4,000 towards the purchase of new reading books to enhance the provision. In previous years we have funded playground apparatus, music equipment and stage lighting, PA system and projector for the hall … the list is a very long one!
There is no pressure to get heavily involved. You can help a little, or help a lot. You can volunteer to organise the whole raffle or fold the tickets, run the whole fair or man a stall … it is entirely up to you! We can’t do it without you!
Get involved by either joining our Facebook group, talk to one of the current committee members, or come along to our meetings.
To help us with our fundraising we have just re-launched an initiative to raise a donation for FORS when parents/staff and friends of Redland School shop online. It was previously called Spend and Raise and it is now called easyfundraising.org.uk Previously this has raised over £1,000 for the school and we would love you to sign up and get free donations for our school when you shop online.
It works like this – whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for FORS. There are nearly 3,000 retailers, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to FORS to say thank you for shopping with them. It’s really simple, and doesn’t cost you anything.
All you have to do is:
1. Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofredland
2. Sign up for free
3. Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to Friends of Redland School. It couldn’t be easier!
There are no catches or hidden charges.
NEW REDLAND LOTTERY!
FORS want to tell you about a new way in which we are hoping to raise money for our school. The Redland School Lottery will launch soon and we would like as many people as possible to sign up and buy a lottery ticket.
– Tickets are £1 a week – you can buy as many entries per week as you like
– 40% of all ticket sales will go straight to the school (which is more than any major lottery)
– There is a guaranteed weekly winner – one of the Redland supporters will win a cash prize each week (30% of ticket sales)
– There is a £25,000 weekly jackpot prize – each ticket has a further chance of winning £25,000 in a separate national draw
– Supporters can pay in a number of ways – monthly via direct debit or debit card or a one off payment for 3/6 or 12 months worth of tickets
– Winners will be notified by email each week
– Winners can choose how to receive their winnings and can choose to donate their winnings to the school
– Anyone can participate in the lottery, so please ask grandparents, aunties, uncles and anyone else over 16 who might be interested
– The more tickets we sell the higher the prize fund will be
What do you need to do?
To start supporting you need to visit www.YourSchoolLottery.co.uk and you can sign up. It’s that easy!
The Dads of Redland School (DORS)
The Dads of Redland School (better known as DORS) meet at The Buttercross Public House, in the Market Place, Chippenham. If you would like to join them for a drink and participate in the pub quiz, meet them there from 8pm on the second Thursday of the month – the more the merrier!!!
The DORS can be found cooking at the barbeque at the annual Summer Fair or serving behind the bar at the adults’ social evenings which are organised by FORS.