Registered Charity Number 1106560
FORS have been part of the Redland School community for many years. We meet regularly to organise our fundraising events….. but we’re not just about fundraising.
It’s also about meeting up with other parents that you wouldn’t necessarily come into contact with within your child’s class. We have fun, a chat and a laugh (we often hold our meetings at the Rivo Lounge in Chippenham), and good friendships are formed. We support each other and support the school, working in partnership together, with many staff also coming to attend events.
FORS organise events for the children to enjoy, and for the adults that we enjoy! For example, we arrange 3 Fizzy Discos for the children, cake/pre-loved uniform sales, adult quiz nights, a Christmas shopping event, and the Summer Fayre and BBQ to name but a few!
Recently, FORS have donated clocks for the playgrounds, a lunchtime clearing away trolley for the dining hall, a new shed for KS2 and books for all including whole class reading. We also provide the food for the Year 6 post-SATs BBQ, treats and prizes for the Christmas parties and made a donation towards the cost of the Christmas dinner. We will be making a large donation this year for an all weather running track to be laid on school field. In previous years we have funded playground apparatus, music equipment and stage lighting, PA system and projector for the hall… the list is a very long one!
There is no pressure to get heavily involved. You can help a little, or help a lot. You can volunteer to organise the whole raffle or fold the tickets, help plan the fayre or man a stall … it is entirely up to you! We can’t do it without you!
Get involved by either joining our Facebook group, talk to one of the current committee members, or come along to our meetings.
To help us with our fundraising we joined an initiative to raise a donation for FORS when parents/staff and friends of Redland School shop online. To date we have raised over £1,900 for the school and we would love you to sign up and get free donations for our school when you shop online.
It works like this – whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for FORS. There are over 3,600 retailers, including Argos, eBay, M&S, Groupon, Debenhams, Asda and Sainsbury’s, to name just a few, who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to FORS to say thank you for shopping with them. It’s really simple, and doesn’t cost you anything.
All you have to do is:
1. Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofredland
2. Sign up for free
3. Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising.org and automatically sent to Friends of Redland School. It couldn’t be easier!
There are no catches or hidden charges.
NEW REDLAND LOTTERY!
In April 2017 FORS launched Redland School Lottery and we would love you to support us by signing up and buying a lottery ticket.
– Tickets are £1 a week – you can buy as many entries per week as you like
– 40% of all ticket sales will go straight to the school (which is more than any major lottery)
– There is a guaranteed weekly winner – one of the Redland supporters will win a cash prize each week (30% of ticket sales)
– There is a £25,000 weekly jackpot prize – each ticket has a further chance of winning £25,000 in a separate national draw
– Supporters can pay in a number of ways – monthly via direct debit or debit card or a one off payment for 3/6 or 12 months worth of tickets
– Winners will be notified by email each week
– Winners can choose how to receive their winnings and can choose to donate their winnings to the school
– Anyone can participate in the lottery, so please ask grandparents, aunties, uncles and anyone else over 16 who might be interested
– The more tickets we sell the higher the prize fund will be and the greater the donation to the school.
What do you need to do?
To start supporting you need to visit www.YourSchoolLottery.co.uk and you can sign up. It’s that easy!
FORs have signed up to AmazonSmile which is a simple and automatic way for you to support us every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.co.uk you’ll find your Amazon shopping experience will look the same as it usually does, with the added bonus that the Friends of Redland School will receive a donation from a portion of the purchase price of your shopping. The link above will take you straight to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, select us as your charity – or you can find us through the charity search function. Thank you for supporting us!
The Dads of Redland School (DORS)
The Dads of Redland School (better known as DORS) meet at The Flying Monk Tavern, in the Market Place, Chippenham. If you would like to join them for a drink and participate in the pub quiz, meet them at the back of the bar where there are tables reserved on the second Thursday of the month – the more the merrier!!!
DORS also help out with the barbeque and bar at the Summer Fayre or at other adult events which are organised by FORS.