At Redland School we believe that every child should have the right to a curriculum that champions excellence; supporting pupils in achieving the very best of their abilities. We understand the immense value technology plays not only in supporting the Computing and whole school curriculum but overall in the day-to-day life of our school. We believe that technology can provide: enhanced collaborative learning opportunities; better engagement of pupils; easier access to rich content; support understanding of new concepts and can support the needs of all our pupils.
As a school we aim to:
- Provide a broad, balanced, challenging and enjoyable computing curriculum for all pupils using the Purple Mash Scheme of Learning.
- Develop pupils’ computational thinking skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
- Meet the requirements of both the National Curriculum programmes of study for computing at Key Stage 1 and 2, and the objectives in the Early Years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework. Computing Programmes of Study: Key Stages 1 and 2
- To equip pupils with the confidence and skills to use digital tools and technologies throughout their lives.
- To enhance and enrich learning in other areas of the curriculum using computing.
- To develop an understanding of how to use computers and digital tools safely and responsibly. Online safety is a key part of our Computing curriculum.